Porting and making some enchangements to previusly built CanonicalObject Unity Extension

Developer
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I am in process of porting my previously built Unity extension (Canonical Object from SL2WithPrism) to Unity Community Contributions. Please see the below Quick Intro PDF for this new extension and let me know if you would like to see more info and if you wish to see additional features.

http://xentree.com/SL2WithPrism/UnityContributions_CanonicalObjectExtension_QuickIntro.pdf

As part of practicing and some free time now I am in process of porting this part of work to Unity contributions and I should be done in next couple of weeks with extensions on my mind. I will use Common.Unity.Extensions.CanonicalObject namespace and you will find more changesets and ported code in these days in source code tab.

Regards,
Alexander

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Hi Alexander,

I also am working on a UnityContributions; I'm writing a WCF/Unity behavior - prototype HERE.

My intentions, in the absence of any nays, was to wipe out the existing Solution which is outdated and has redudant components, i.e., Silverlight, Interceptor.   The main solution is empty and all but one solution actually compiles without error.

The plan was to emerge with:
my WCF/Unity behavior
Iron9light's Eventbroker

It looks like You, Iron9light and myself are actively involved in projects - I'd like to see if we could come to consensus on cleaning up the existing project.

Developer
Jan 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Sure we can do that, we just have to ask from original contributor if they have anything to say for it before we clean them up or what you think? We could create a folder for the ones that do not get compiled anymore and if original contributors dont get involved or reply we move them to this folder...  or should we just move the stuff to one folder that does not get compiled and clean the structure?

Regards,
Alexander
Developer
Jan 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Also i know that Chris from Unity project is using this site as prototype respository so we need to follow up this with him i think...
Jan 11, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Being I'm the new kid on the block, and you seem to know your way around, could you touch base with folks and get some input on revamping this project?  The project as it stands right now doesn't offer much to the community but we can turn this around pretty quick...  I have my own ideas about how I think the project should evolve but I'd rather leave that to the coordinators (don't want to step on toes).

Bill
Developer
Jan 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM
I sent a message so lets see what comes up and how to proceed on this...

Regards,
Alexander
Jan 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Great! I hope to have my contribution done within the next to weeks; I'll be touching base then if I don't hear anything sooner.